Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Cunife Blackguard Telecaster Heavy Relic Electric Guitar - Butterscotch Blonde x9042
Developed by Seth Lover, who joined Fender in 1971, the “cunife” pickup features a two-coil humbucking design that uses 12 cunife screws connected on the bottom by a steel plate. Cunife is an alloy named for its three constituent metals—copper (Cu), nickel (Ni) and iron (Fe)—and in instrument pickups it produces a distinctive “hi fidelity” sound with rich bass and clear treble, and they never lose their attack or definition when pushed.
Fender used samples of the original magnets to develop these pickups over a two-year period, and brought the material back exactly as it was 40 years ago.
The Blackguard Tele has been and still is to this day our most popular guitar, and for good reason. The FENDER Custom Shop Limited Edition Cunife Blackguard Tele Heavy Relic (9231012534) solid body electric guitar combines elements of the classic Blackguard Tele with custom features including the cunife neck pickup and a Bigsby B-5 bridge and tailpiece making for a tantalizing combination that would inspire any player.
The guitar features a two-piece select ash body, one-piece tinted rift-sawn maple neck with 11/’56 off-center “V” back-shape, and 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 narrow tall frets. Hand-wound ’50-’51 Blackguard Tele (bridge) and wide-range cunife (neck) pickups feature three-way switching and Dual Stack HS Tele wiring. Additional features include a single-ply black phenolic pickguard, Bigsby B-5 bridge and tailpiece for classic vibrato tone, vintage-style tuners, bone nut and disk string tree. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
8 pounds 3 ounces
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeBlackguard Telecaster
- Body Material2-Piece Ash
- Body FinishGloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Heavy Relic'd
- ColorAged Butterscotch Blonde
- Neck MaterialRiftsawn Maple
- Neck Shape11/56 Off center V
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialMaple
- Fingerboard InlayBlack Micarta Dots
- Number of Frets21, Narrow Tall
- Scale Length25.5"
- Nut Width1.650"
- Nut MaterialBone
- Bridge/TailpieceBigsby B5 Bridge and Tailpiece
- TunersVintage-style with Fender logo
- Neck PickupWide-Range CuNiFe Humbucker
- Bridge PickupCustom Shop Handwound '50-'51 Blackguard Single-coil
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching3-way blade pickup switch
- StringsFender, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:9231012534