Fender - Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang® - Electric Guitar - Rosewood Fingerboard - Sonic Blue - w/ Bag
- Does not Apply
Fender - Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang® - Electric Guitar - Rosewood Fingerboard - Sonic Blue
Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early ‘90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal.
Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender Jaguar® and Mustang® remain the most iconic due to their use on the “Nevermind” tour and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” music video. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang® to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993.
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvana’s seminal record “Nevermind,” this Jag-Stang comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurt’s ideal instrument. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24” short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25” radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that won’t fatigue your hands when chording. The vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups are perfect for recreating Kurt’s classic tones, while the Mustang slider switches provide the flexibility to dial in four distinct settings for a variety of in or out-of-phase tones.
Photos are an example of the guitar you will receive.
- SERIES: Artist
- ORIENTATION: Right-Hand
- COLOR: Sonic Blue
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: MX
- NECK MATERIAL: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Polyurethane
- NECK SHAPE: Slim "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: 4-Bolt Standard
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS: White Pearloid Dot
- SIDE DOTS: White
- NUMBER OF FRET: S22
- STRING NUT: Synthetic Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.575" (40mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Synthetic Bone
- BODY: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Polyester
- BODY SHAPE: Jag-Stang
- BODY MATERIAL: Alder
- BRIDGE: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- PICKGUARD: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- PICKUP COVERS: White
- CONTROL KNOBS: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Vintage-Style
- STRINGS: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- NECK PLATE: 4-Bolt
- STRAP BUTTONS: Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Jag-Stang Humbucking
- NECK PICKUP: Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION: HS
- CONTROLS: Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING: 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches