Gamechanger Audio LIGHT Pedal Spring Reverb
- does not apply
The LIGHT Pedal is the world’s first analog optical spring reverb system that uses infra-red optical sensors. This system is used to harvest the full timbral and harmonic range of the spring reverb tank. The LIGHT Pedal combines the best features of a classic spring reverb with the innovative optical sensor system and a powerful effects section. This combination opens up countless new types of reverb textures and sounds never heard before.
The LIGHT Pedal uses extremely sensitive optical sensors directed at different points of the spring. The optical sensors detect very subtle movements on the spring’s surface as sound-waves travel through it. This method allows to pick up a much wider range of frequencies, overtones and textures otherwise lost in the mechanical reverberation process. The optical sensors also open doors to effects that are new to spring reverbs, such as tremolo, modulation, feedback and added harmonics. The result is a wide variety of reverb sounds ranging from classic to experimental to pure magic.
The LIGHT Pedal’s user interface pushes the boundaries of spring reverb even further. The extended signal mix section allows for a very precise balance between the dry, classic reverb tone and the new and optical reverb signals. The ability to stack various effects and control them with playing dynamics or an expression pedal makes this pedal an advanced tool for sonic exploration.
- Sounds ranging from classic spring tank tones to colorful optical spring reverb tones with modulation and added harmonics.
- Separate level controls for the dry signal, spring and optical reverbs. The dry signal can be attenuated and boosted.
- 6 unique effects: optics (frequency and texture calibration), sweep (modulation), tremolo, reflect (delay), feedback and harmonic (added harmonics and octave tracking). Multiple effect stacking options.
- Drive knob for adjusting the signal level sent to the reverb tank, thus affecting the reverb tank’s behavior.
- Tone knob ranges from rumbling lows to piercing highs.
- Simple one-knob envelope control produces either gated or ducking reverb.
- Effects parameters can be linked to playing dynamics.
- Switchable reverb tails in bypass mode.
- Switchable latching or momentary modes for expressive playing.
- Assignable expression pedal input.
- Adjustable shock sensor to control spring noise produced by sudden movements, mechanical impact.
- Color LEDs inside the spring tank provide helpful visual feedback for monitoring the reverb’s output and input signal levels as well as multiple effects parameters, such as modulation rate.
- High quality buffered bypass.
- Powered by a standard 9V DC center negative power supply with at least 500 mA. The power supply is not included.