Mesa Boogie Mark V 90W 3-Channel Tube Guitar Amplifier Head
This Mesa Boogie Mark V is your ultimate arsenal of tone! It features 3 footswichable channels with 3 distinct sounds beneath each channel, along with a series of simple-to-use tonal controls, resulting in a great collection of amps delivering inexhaustible sound and power perfect for any style of music!
IT TOOK 40 YEARS of Randall Smith's experience designing high-performance tube amplifiers to get this much TONE under one roof and keep it easy to dial. More than a collection of amplifiers, the MARK V™ is a living history of MESA's® contributions and a tribute to the evolution of electric guitar tone.
The MARK V™ is really a collection of amplifiers. There are far too many circuits and sounds to think of it as merely an amp. It is also a living history of our company. From the groundbreaking MARK I™ that introduced the world to high-gain with it’s cascading pre amp, to the Mark II™ - the world’s first high gain Dual Mode Channel Switching amplifier and it’s later siblings that introduced Simul-Class™ power. From the MARK III™ that ushered in the era of 3 Channel footswitching performance, to the MARK IV™ which gave all this power individual control, the MARK V is the embodiment of the last 40 years of guitar amp history.
THEY'RE ALL HERE: the MARK I, the MARK IIC+, the MARK IV… all these are faithful recreations that benefit from our decades of refinement and leave many saying they're better than the original! More than our Greatest Hits, you'll also find some new Brit-inspired circuits here that rival these classic Boogie® sounds and are destined to become iconic on their own merit.
9 Amplifiers in 1: A lifetime investment. No less than 9 patents stand guard over your Tone... ensuring your investment will be protected and your amp will hold its value. (MARK IIC's and MARK IV's still sell for more than their original purchase price). Beware of imitators! Fine musical instruments never go out of style and the Mark V is no exception.
Like its predecessor the MARK IV - in steady production for over 19 years - the MARK V is an investment in your musical future. The 9 preamps and 3 power amps it contains trace their roots back to the beginnings of amplified guitar. Yet while their lineage is time tested, the performance they unleash is brand new and cutting edge. This collection of amps will propel you through any musical style and project, and band any era of your development with confidence and command.
- Designed & Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
- Simul-Class™ Power Amp (Patents 4,532,476 & 4,593,251) featuring Multi-Watt™ (Patent 7,602,927) and Duo-Class™ (Patent 7,173,488) technologies which provide three power and three operating class options that are channel assignable via 10/45/90 Watt Power Switches: Choose 2 power tubes operating in pure vintage Class A (single-ended), producing 10 Watts - 2 tubes running in time-honored Class A/B producing 45 Watts or 4 tubes running in Mesa's legendary, patented Simul-Class Power that blends the best of Class A and Class A/B simultaneously to produce 90 Watts of pure tonal magic / 4x6L6 (or 4xEL-34), 7x12AX7, 1x5U4
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- Full Power/Variac Power™ Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 9 Modes (Channel 1 = Clean, Fat or Tweed™, Channel 2 = Edge, Crunch or Mark I™, Channel 3 = Mark IIC+™, Mark IV™ or Extreme)
- Normal/Bold Switch on Channel 1, Normal/Thick Switch on Channel 2 (Mark I mode only), Normal/Bright Switch & Pentode/Triode Switch on Channel 3
- Each Channel features: Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Footswitchable or Auto-Assignable Contour Depth Control, Footswitchable All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb Control, Rectifier Tracking™ (Auto-selects Tube for all 10 Watt Modes, Diode for all 90 Watt Modes, selectable Tube or Diode for 45 Watt Modes on Channels 1 and 2, Diode for 45 Watt Mode on Channel 3 - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- 5 Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable and Selectable between 1 group of 5-Band Sliders or 3 channel specific, variable depth Contour Controls
- Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or True Bypassable Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- True "Hard" Bypass Switch removes FX Loops, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Tuner Output w/Footswitchable Mute
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 2, 3 (channel 1 is default), EQ & Solo
- Aluminum Chassis • 4x4 - 8 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Solo – Top Row: Reverb, FX Loop, EQ & Tuner Mute)
- Slip Cover